Safety is our highest priority
Tasman Cargo Airlines will achieve optimum safety standards by developing and implementing an integrated safety culture in our organisation, where safety is a key consideration in all business plans, decisions, policies, procedures, manuals, contracts and daily work activities.
All personnel shall foster a corporate culture that displays the following characteristics:
- Senior personnel lead by example
- Clear policy and operating procedures
- Risk assessment is an integral business process
- Continuous improvement of the safety management system
- Personnel communicate regularly with each other on safety issues
- Senior personnel actively encourage all staffl to report accidents, incidents and threats without fear of retribution
- We do not tolerate deliberate or reckless unsafe behaviour or failure to report accidents or incidents
- All personnel are concerned for the safety of their colleagues, customers, contractors and the communities we serve
- Government regulations and industry guidelines are used as a minimum standard
- Adequate investment is made in equipment, systems, procedures and qualified personnel
- Customer service, profitability and on time performance are considered business imperatives but safety and security are always more important
- All personnel take full responsibility for safety and security
- Safety achievements are recognised and celebrated.